Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Have you heard of people stealing and using other's email addresses to send emails?

I have a hotmail account and while searching through my account, I found some emails that was sent from my hotmail email address to my hotmail address- basically, appearing to be sent from me to me. I am sure I didn't send these emails but I don't understand how this could happen. Are there instances of people email addresses and accounts being stolen and used? This person must have gotten my password or something? Are there examples?

Have you heard of people stealing and using other's email addresses to send emails?
These come from people who have the addresses sent to them by other's infected machines. If your name is in the address book of such a machine it is taken and used as the from and to address in order to beat your mail security. They are sent through servers with unsecured smtp receiving ports, and they are known as an open mail relay. Nothing to worry about too much, everyone gets them from time to time.
Reply:If it's not sent by mistake then %26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;


This is a great problem some times, you can call this "hijacking" sometimes people send emails to check various things. Its not about they sending email from 1 to another. Its what they can steal. I know it sounds all weird but some one out there maybe an experienced computer user is trying to gain something.





Be aware of your bank cards. DO YOU DO ONLINE SHOPPING ?.. what i can say is be more vigilant. Its better to prevent it than let it happen so my advise is :





(1) HAVE SPECIFIC PASSWORDS SET UP ON LAPTOP OR PC


(2) DON'T WRITE YOUR PASSWORDS DOWN ANY WHERE


(3) CHECK YOUR EMAILS ON A REGULAR BASIS


(4) TO GET SPECIAL SOFTWARE THAT ALERTS YOU TO SOME FRAUD ONLINE GOING ON.





Hope this has been valid information and helped you in some ways hope all goes well..........


No comments:

Post a Comment