Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Are spammers spamming other people using my name and email address?

I've just recently received some spam that were sent using my email address as the sender. Does this mean they've stolen my email address and name and are spamming others under this guise? How can I stop this? Or should I just ignore it?





Thanks!

Are spammers spamming other people using my name and email address?
It is highly unlikely someone is using your address for spamming. Spammers can quite easily, through programming techniques, make an email LOOK like it has come from someone's own email address when in fact it hasn't. It is just one of their tricks to get you to open the emails. But you should NEVER open spam mails.
Reply:What happens if you receive an email from MAILER-DAEMON@ yahoo.com





If you did not send the indicated message, your email address


was used as a forged "From" address by a computer virus


or evil spammer. Delete this notice."





Yet AVG shows no viruses. Report Abuse



No comments:

Post a Comment