Friday, November 6, 2009

How do you write HTML code for people who have "text only" email viewing?

I am creating an email in HTML - but I want certain text to appear for those people who only accept incoming text e-mails. What notations (code) do I use to create that text area and where in the HTML do I put it?

How do you write HTML code for people who have "text only" email viewing?
Don't write a pure HTML email, use a multipart MIME mail instead. This allows you to include multiple "body" parts to the email in different formats (typically one HTML and one plain text). Viewers then get the "best" format that their software supports.





The specifics of how you do that depend on what software you are using to send the email. I've built systems around http://search.cpan.org/~bbc/Email-MIME-C... with some success in the past.

hip hop

No comments:

Post a Comment